Santa Claus Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Mix granulated sugar, shortening, milk, lemon peel and egg.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Heat oven to 400 F.
4. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
5. Place about 2-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten each to about 2 1/2-inch diameter with greased bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
6. Bake until edges are light brown, 8 to 10 minutes; cool.
7. Spread cookie with small amount of Creamy Frosting (mix all frosting ingredients to desired consistency). Press on miniature marshmallow for tassel of cap.
8. Sprinkle top third of cookie with red sugar.
9. Press 2 currants for eyes and red cinnamon candy for nose into center third.
10. Sprinkle bottom third with coconut for beard.
11. Frost and decorate each cookie before starting another.