Fudgey German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, butter, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
3. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer until blended.
4. Dough will be stiff.
5. Stir in pecans.
6. Shape dough onto 1 1/4 inch balls.
7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
8. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until almost set.
9. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
10. Cool completely.
11. Prepare Coconut and Pecan filling.
12. Put cookies together in pairs with about 1 heaping tablespoon filling for each cookie.
13. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Coconut and Pecan Filling:
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; add brown sugar and corn syrup.
2. Stir constantly until thick and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat; stir in coconut, pecans and vanilla.
4. Use warm. Makes about 2 cups.