Butchered Snake Bits with Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Instructions:1. With an adult's help, cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. Carefully drain the cooked pasta through a colander over the sink.
3. Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain again.
4. To make snakes: Covering one end of the rigatoni with your finger (to prevent leakage), carefully fill each piece of pasta with cheese spread.
5. Place six to eight cheese-filled rigatonis end to end on a serving platter, in a realistically curvy snake shape.
6. Using a toothpick, spread lines of barbecue sauce along the top of each snake for markings.
7. To form heads, use barbecue sauce to glue two black peppercorn eyes onto the end opposite the tail of each snake.
8. Wash, dry and carefully peel skin off carrot.
9. When completely clean of skin, make one more peeling for each snake you have formed.
10. At the narrow end of each peel, carefully cut out a long, thin triangle. These are your snakes' forked tongues.