Whole Wheat Maple Snickerdoodles Recipe
Instructions:1. Sift whole wheat flour a second time with the cream of tartar, baking soda salt and cinnamon.
2. Set aside.
3. In a medium-size bowl, cream the butter until fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
4. With the mixer still running, add the maple syrup in a thin stream, followed by the eggs, one at a time.
5. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, stirring just until blended.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 400~F.
8. and put the sugar in a small bowl.
9. With lightly floured hands, roll the dough into balls about 1 1/4 inches in diameter.
10. Roll the balls in the sugar, then place on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between them.
11. Bake for 10 minutes, just until tops no longer yield to light finger pressure.
12. Transfer to a rack and cool.