White Christmas Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 60 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or regular margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Cream together butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs.
3. Sift together flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture (dough should be stiff).
4. Store in covered bowl in refrigerator overnight.
5. Roll dough very thin, using floured pastry cloth on board and rolling pin.
6. Cut into star shapes.
7. Place 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
8. Bake in 350 F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp and straw-colored.
9. Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.