Whipped Shortbread Recipe - Printable Version Makes 60 cookies
- 1 lb soft margarine
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla or almond flavoring
1. Cream margarine.
2. Add icing sugar and cornstarch a little at a time.
3. Add flour gradually and beat until it until it resembles whipped cream.
4. Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 325 F for 12 to 20 minutes, or until light brown on the bottom and golden, but not brown, on top.
6. Can top with a bit of candied cherry, or a nut.