Zucchini Carrot Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup oats, rolled
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 med zucchini, grated
- 2/3 cup skim milk, at room temperature
- 3 tbsps applesauce, at room temperature
- 2 egg whites, whipped
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin pans with cooking spray and flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg . In another mixing bowl, combine carrots, zucchini, milk, applesauce, and egg whites.
4. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
5. Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin pans almost full.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.