Tomato Chutney Recipe
Instructions:1. Remove the chilies from the vinegar (after soaking for 2 hours), retain this for later use.
2. Grind the soaked chilies with the ginger and garlic in a blender.
3. Put the vinegar, sugar and salt in a large pan and bring to a boil.
4. Add the tomatoes, dates and the teaspoon of the spice powder.
5. Stir them round and then simmer on moderate heat until the mixture becomes very thick and has the consistency you like for chutney.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, allow to cool a little and then spoon the chutney into warmed jars.
7. Cover, and once opened, store in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.