Green Tomato Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Slice tomatoes as thin as possible, then quarter the slices.
2. Mix dry ingredients and add to tomatoes, reserving 3 tbsp Add remaining ingredients, except butter and gently toss to distribute.
3. Set aside for sugar to soak 1 hour.
4. Put one crust in pie plate and sprinkle with reserved dry ingredients.
5. Fill with tomatoes and juice.
6. Dot with cuts of butter.
7. Cover with top crust, seal edges and vent.
8. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, then at 350F for about 1 1/4 hours, until pastry is golden.
9. Sprinkle top with 1-2 tbsp more sugar.
10. Cuts better the next day when cold.