Green Tomato Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 6 medium tomato, green
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
1. Wash, remove stem ends, and slice the tomatoes.
2. Combine with lemon juice, lemon or orange rind, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Mix sugar and cornstarch; add to tomato mixture and cook until clear, stirring constantly.
5. Add butter or margarine.
6. Cool slightly, then pour into a 9 inch pie plate lined with pastry.
7. Cover with pastry and seal edges.
8. Bake at 425 F (hot oven) 40 to 50 minutes.