Green Tomato Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 1 batch pie pastry, see recipe
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large green tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 whole lemon, seeded, thin sliced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into bits
1. Roll out half of dough and line a 9" pie plate with it.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of flour with 1/2 cup of sugar and sprinkle over bottom of crust.
3. Layer tomatoes and lemon.
4. Combine remaining sugar, salt, and flour.
5. Sprinkle over tomatoes and dot with butter.
6. Roll out remaining dough and cover tomatoes with it.
7. Make slits in top to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
9. Reduce heat to 350 and make 30 minutes more.