Swedish Sotsoppa (Fruit Soup) Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
- 1 cup large-pearl tapioca
- 8 oz bite-size pitted prunes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 seedless orange, peel, diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cup frozen boysenberries, fresh raspberries and/or blackberries
1. The night before you wish to serve the soup, add 3 cups warm water to tapioca.
2. Let soak overnight; drain.
3. In a large pot, combine all ingredients except berries, and simmer 20 minutes over low heat or until tapioca pearls are clear.
4. Add berries.
5. Simmer about 10 minutes or until boysenberries thaw (if using fresh berries, cook 10-12 minutes or until berries soften).
6. Add more sugar to taste.
7. Remove cinnamon stick.
8. May be serve warm or cold.