Syrian Salad Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4 to 6
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 oz feta cheese, sliced or crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley stem, coarsley chopped
- Several black olives
- 2 tbsp capers (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Salt to taste
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch dried mint
1. Rinse the romaine, tear it into bite-sized pieces, and put in salad bowl.
2. Arrange other vegetables attractively over the romaine, topping with the feta, parsley, olives and capers.
3. Combine the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.