Wattakka (Curried Pumpkin) Recipe
Instructions:1. Wash the pumpkin and cut the top quarter off.
2. Scoop out the flesh to within 2 cm of sides and cube.
3. Put the shell on one side for using later.
4. Slice the onion and chilli and crush the garlic.
5. Heat the oil and fry the onion and chilli together with the curry leaves.
6. When the onion is soft add the pumpkin, salt, pepper, turmeric and thin coconut milk and cook until the pumpkin is' done.
7. Pour the thick coconut milk onto the ground rice, mustard and garlic and add to the pumpkin mixture, stirring as it thickens.
8. Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.
9. Remove from heat and spoon into pump- kin shell.
10. Sprinkle with the curry powder and lime juice.