Tofu-Pumpkin Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 16 oz pumpkin, canned
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 5 tbsp candied ginger, chopped
1. Combine flour, shortening and salt.
2. Add water a little at a time to form a firm dough. Do not add too much.
3. Wrap dough in wax paper and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
4. Roll out and palce in a 10inch tart pan.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all filling ingredients except candied ginger.
3. Slowly add 3 tablespoons of ginger.
4. Pour filling into pie crust and bake for 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool and sprinkle remaining ginger on top of pie.