Pumpkin Waffles Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 waffles
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Combine egg yolks, milk, and pumpkin; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
3. Stir in melted butter.
4. Set waffle batter aside.
5. Beat egg shites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, gently fold into batter.
6. Bake in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until crisp.
7. Serve with butter, maple syrup and toasted pecans.