Pumpkin Mousse with Vanilla Sauce Recipe
Instructions:1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
2. Place bowl in simmering water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Beat egg yolks with sugar.
4. Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and dissolved gelatin.
5. Fold whipped cream gently into pumpkin mixture.
6. Pour mousse in mold or bowl and chill thoroughly.
7. Serve with vanilla sauce.
8. For the saude: Scald milk and light cream with vanilla.
9. In double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar and a pinch of salt.
10. Gradually beat in hot milk mixture.
11. Cook sauce over hot water, stirring constantly until it thickens and coats a spoon. If it does not thicken, add a little flour.
12. Strain sauce to remove lumps.