Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large stainless-steel bowl over a hot-water bath, combine pumpkin, sour cream, cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger.
2. Heat water to boiling, beating mixture with hand-held mixer until ingredients are fluffy.
3. Add egg yolks and beat for 3 minutes.
4. Remove mixture from heat and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, whip cream with 2 tablespoons sugar, mix the whipping cream (reserving 1/3 for garnish) into chilled pumpkin mixture, then carefully fold in egg whites.
6. Chill for 4 to 6 hours.
7. Top with remaining whipped cream and finely chopped crystallized ginger.