Pumpkin Doughnuts Recipe - Printable Version Serves 24
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 4 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Sugar for coating
1. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add oil, pumpkin and buttermilk.
3. Mix dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture.
4. Chill 1 hour.
5. Turn out on floured board and roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
6. Cut with a doughnut cutter.
7. Deep fry (375-degrees) until brown on one side.
8. Turn over and brown other side.
9. Drain well on paper towels and roll in sugar.