Pumpkin Apple Waffles Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup apples, shredded
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- 1 cup skim milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup applesauce, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
1. Prepare waffle iron with cooking spray and heat up.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, apples, egg whites, milk, and applesauce.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients just until moistened.
5. Pour enough batter to fill 2/3 of the waffle iron.
6. Cook until crisp and golden brown.
7. Set aside.
8. Repeat with remaining batter.