Pickled Pumpkin Balls Recipe
Instructions:1. With a 1-inch melon-ball cutter scoop out enough balls from the flesh of a pumpkin to measure 2 cups.
2. In an enameled or stainless steel saucepan combine all other ingredients, bring the liquid to a boil over moderate heat, stirring and washing down any sugar crystals clinging to the sides of the pan with a brush dipped in cold water until the sugar is dissolved, and cook syrup, undisturbed, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pumpkin balls, simmer the mixture for 15 minutes, and transfer the balls with a slotted spoon to a 1-pint jar.
4. Reduce the syrup over high heat to 1 cup, pour it and the spices over the balls, and let the mixture cool.
5. Chill the mixture, covered, for at least 3 hours.
6. Transfer the pickles to a small serving bowl.
7. Keep covered and chilled, for 1 week.