Great Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. If using whole pumpkin, scoop out the inside. (Save seeds for toasting another time.)
2. Cut pumpkin into large chunks, peel off outer skin, and dice.
3. Place in unseasoned water and cook until very tender.
4. Mash with an electric mixer or food processor.
5. In a saucepan, with enough water to cover them, boil raisins for 2 minutes.
6. Drain and set aside.
7. Blend the remaining ingredients, except pecans.
8. Add raisins and stir in pecans.
9. Fill uncooked pie shell and bake at 425 for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
10. Both the filling and cooked pumpkin will freeze.
11. Pumpkin pie may be served plain, with dollops of whipped cream, or is delicious with Ginger Sauce.