Autumn Rarebit Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. In large heavy saucepan, bring pumpkin and stock to a boil; reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree in batches.
3. In clean saucepan, combine pumpkin puree with beer; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring often.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium low heat, cook onion and garlic; stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
6. Add to pumpkin mixture; stir in cheese and simmer gently, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile in skillet over medium heat, cook pumpkin seeds, shaking pan often, for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and toasted.
8. Season soup with salt to taste.
9. Garnish with pepper and pumpkin seeds.