Almond-Pumkin Muffins with Struesel Topping Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1/3 cup margarine (reduced calorie)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light molasses
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup whole almonds (chopped)
- Struesel topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Cream together magarine, sugar, and molasses.
3. Add egg whites and pumpkin.
4. Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
5. Add almonds.
6. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
7. Combine struesel topping ingredients, cutting in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
8. Sprinkle struesel topping over muffin batter.
9. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until wooden toothpick comes out clean.