Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 muffins
- 1 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes or yams (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Thoroughly grease 24 muffin cups or prepare with paper liners.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Beat 1-1/4 cups sugar, sweet potatoes and butter until smooth.
3. Add eggs and blend well.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
5. Add alternately with milk to sweet potato mixture, stirring just to blend; do not overmix.
6. Fold in raisins and nuts.
7. Spoon into muffin cups.
8. Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
9. Bake until muffins test done, about 25 to 30 minutes.
10. Serve warm.
11. Muffins may be frozen and reheated.