Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup skim milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup applesauce, at room temperature
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 1 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin pans with cooking spray and flour.
3. In a mixing bowl , combine sweet potatoes, milk, applesauce, and egg white.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, and salt.
5. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin tins about full.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.