Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Pineapple Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted butter
1. Select a dry mealy variety of sweetpotatoes and cook in the skins in water to cover.
2. When tender, scrape, cut in slices of uniform thickness, and place in a shallow greased baking dish.
3. Pour the pineapple over the sweetpotatoes, sprink le with salt, and add the fat.
4. Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes, or until light brown on the surface and the syrup of the pineapple has become thickened.
5. Serve from the baking dish.