Orange and Peanut Sweet Potatoes Recipe
True maple syrup is the best if you have it.
Instructions:1. Peel and slice sweet potatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
2. Place in a 1-quart casserole.
3. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
4. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp orange juice.
5. Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 6 to 8 minutes or till potatoes are tender.
6. Let stand, covered, while preparing sauce.
7. For sauce, in a 2-cup measure stir together 1/2 c orange juice, cornstarch, and finely shredded orange peel.
8. Stir in honey or maple (maple-flavored) syrup.
9. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 to 2 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds.
10. Stir together sauce and potato slices.
11. Sprinkle with roasted but unsalted peanuts.