Potato Soup Scented with Cumin Recipe
Instructions:1. Melt butter in large, heavy, non-aluminum, deep-sided pan over medium-high heat.
2. When hot, add shallots and cook, stirring constantly, until soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and cumin. Toss and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add stock.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring several times to prevent potatoes from sticking to pan.
6. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are quite tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Remove soup from heat and puree, using food processor, blender or food mill.
8. Return mixture to pan and stir in half and half.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Ladle into bowls and garnish each with 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro.