Potato Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large saucepan, fry bacon until crisp.
2. Drain, leaving 2 tablespoons of gre ase in saucepan along with bacon.
3. Add onion, cook briefly until onion softens s omewhat.
4. Add potatoes, toss to coat.
5. Add bouillon cubes and water to saucepan to cover potatoes by 1/2 to 1 inch.
6. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium low.
7. St ir to dissolve bouillon.
8. Cover and cook without stirring until potatoes begin t o come apart (test by poking with fork).
9. Cook awhile longer, then begin stirrin g potatoes so that they break down and thicken the broth.
10. Continue stirring (do not leave it at this stage, it will burn!), mashing all the potatoes with the fork if you want a smooth soup, leaving some intact if you like it chunky.
11. It w ill become very thick.
12. Add milk, a bit at a time, until it reaches desired cons istency.
13. Add salt and pepper to taste.
14. Warm through, stirring constantly.
15. Remove from heat.