Potato Soup (Prodigy) Recipe
Instructions:1. Remove the root ends of the leeks, trim the dark green tops and reserve for another use.
2. Slice the light part into 1/2-inch rounds, wash well and set aside on a plate.
3. Heat the oil in a pot, over medium heat, and add the leeks.
4. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
5. Add stock, water, potatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
6. Raise heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and puree the soup in batches.
9. Place pureed soup in a pot and reheat, covered, over low heat.
10. To serve, place a generous dollop of sour cream in the bottom of each soup bowl and sprinkle with chopped chives.
11. Transfer piping hot soup to a tureen or pitcher and pour into bowls at the table.
12. Refrigerate soup for up to 3 days or freeze the soup in 3-cup batches.