Potato, Artichoke and Leek Soup Recipe
"Elegant" describes this simple creamy soup of leeks, Potatoes, artichoke hearts, sparked with Tabasco pepper sauce.
It is superb served in hollowed-out boule bread.
Instructions:1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion and leeks, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Uncover and cook until the leeks are very soft, about5 minutes, adding the garlic for the last minute.
3. Add the broth, artichokes, Potatoes and thyme; simmer for 15 minutes, or until the Potatoes are tender.
4. Add the milk and Tabasco sauce; simmer for 5 minutes longer.
5. Remove from heat and discard the thyme.
6. In a food processor or blender, puree the soup until very smooth.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot or cold, garnished with parsley.