Potato and Spinach Soup Recipe
A rich cream-style potato and spinach soup for a cold, winter day -- This recipe is adapted from one that the US Department of Agriculture used to distribute to potato growers in the 1930s.
It is rich and thick, almost a meal in itself, and is very easy to make.
Instructions:1. In a 3-quart saucepan, saute the onion in the butter until the onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
2. Add water, potatoes, spinach and salt.
3. Cook until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
4. Longer cooking does not hurt, but turn down the heat to a simmer.
5. Add milk and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Reheat to near boiling, but do not boil.
7. Stir in grated cheese.
8. Serve immediately.