Potato and Cucumber Soup (Gurken und Kartoffel) Recipe
Instructions:1. Peel the cucumber and slice it lengthwise.
2. Scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard.
3. Dice cucumber.
4. In a heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan boil potatoes in salted water until the potatoes are very soft.
5. Pour potatoes and cooking liquid into a sieve or food mill or ricer set over a large bowl.
6. Force potatoes through.
7. Return to saucepan.
8. Stir in pepper, cream, milk, grated onion and the cucumber.
9. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until the cucumber is tender.
10. Add dill and season to taste.
11. Serve hot.