Potato-Vegetable Chowder Recipe
Calories per serving: 105. Fat: 1 gram.
Instructions:1. Bring liquid to boil in a deep soup kettle.
2. Add all vegetables and seasonings.
3. Turn down heat to simmer and partially cover the pot.
4. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
5. Serve hot with crusty whole wheat bread and a light fruit dessert.
6. Variation: Almost any vegetable but onions, tomatoes, and the potatoes can be substituted for another vegetable.
7. Don't use the cabbage family because the flavor is too radically changed.
8. Green peas and baby lima beans are a great addition, as are corn kernels (about 1/2 cup).