Mulligan's Potato Pancakes Recipe
Instructions:1. Peel the potatoes and onions and process together to a coarse puree.
2. Do not overprocess - the texture should be a bit rough.
3. Add 2 eggs, beaten, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add enough self-raising flour to make a batter with a thick pouring Heat a hotplate or large frying pan, add a little oil and pour in a large ladleful of batter on one side of the pan and another on the other (there probably won't be room for more than two pancakes at a time).
5. Cook on medium heat until the pancakes are golden brown underneath, then turn and cook the other side.
6. Serve with apple sauce (made by stewing sliced granny smith apples with a little water, sugar and lemon juice and stirring from time to time until a soft puree).