Irish Potato and Leek Soup Recipe
Nutritional info per serving: 241 calories, 7g protein, 27g carbohydrates, 12g fat (45%), 1.3g fiber, 44mg cholestrol, 47mg sodium
Instructions:1. In a stock pot, simmer about half the potatoes and the white portion of the leeks in enough chicken stock to cover until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. In another pot cook remaining potatoes in the remaining chicken stock until tender.
3. Puree the potatoes and leeks from the first pot in a food processor or blender.
4. Return to pot over medium heat.
5. Dissolve cornstarch, pepper, and salt in a little of the cream and stir into the pot.
6. When mixture begins to thicken, gradually stir in remaining cream, the milk and the contents of the second pot.
7. Serve hot, topped with a generous portion of cheddar cheese, bacon and chopped green portion of leek.