English Potato Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Wash, peel and boil potatoes and mash well or use left-over mashed potatoes to the same weight.
2. Place potatoes in a large mix bowl.
3. Add water at 100 degrees.
4. Add salt and yeast.
5. Turn mixer on at medium and beat well.
6. Add 3 cups flour and beat another 2 minutes.
7. Remove bowl from mixer, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
8. Mixture will be well proofed.
9. Return bowl to mixer and beat for 2 minutes.
10. Add additional flour until a soft dough is formed.
11. Knead lightly and divide dough into 3 oz portions.
12. Roll in a round shape and flatten.
13. If using a griddle, place on a floured surface to rise, covered, 30-45 minutes.
14. Place on a griddle at moderate heat and when done on one side, turn and continue cooking the other side, in the same manner.
15. If baking, place on a baking sheet with corn meal sprinkled on it, covered, to rise 30 - 45 minutes.
16. Bake at 400 degrees about 15- 20 minutes til lightly browned and hollow sounding.