Easy Potato Soup Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 4 cups potato, diced
- 1 to 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup instant potato flakes, or potato buds
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
2. Saute the onions until golden.
3. Add the potatoes, carrots, water, salt, pepper, and dillweed.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes, or longer if you want the potatoes creamy.
5. Stir in the milk and parsley and heat until hot, but not boiling.
6. Stir in the potato flakes during the last few minutes of cooking.