Sweet Onion Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onions
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
1. In a large bowl whisk together the egg, oil and milk.
2. Add flour, oats, and sugar.
3. Stir the mixture until it is just combined.
4. Fold in the onion, cheese, and pecans.
5. Spoon mixture onto buttered muffin tins, and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
6. Turn the muffins out onto racks.