Garlic Broth Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 garlic heads, unpeeled but heads separated
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 6 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut to thirds
1. Wrap garlic and bay leaf in a cheesecloth.
2. Place with all other ingredients in a soup pot.
3. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Loweer heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
6. Remove garlic and bay leaf.
7. Puree the broth and vegetables in a blender.
8. Season to taste if desired and serve.