Italian Style Eggplant and Pepper Salad Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place whole eggplant, unpeeled, on a rack in oven.
3. Wrap the two peppers and celery stalks individually in aluminum foil and place them on rack as well.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove peppers and celery and let cool.
6. Bake eggplant for another 15 minutes.
7. It should be very tender and have collapsed.
8. When vegetables are cool enough to handle, peel eggplant, cut into several pieces and drain in a colander for 20 minutes.
9. Squeeze out some of the excess moisture.
10. Chop peppers, removing stems and seeds.
11. Leave in large pieces.
12. Chop celery into 1/2" pieces.
13. Dice eggplant and combnie with peppers and celery in a large bowl.
14. Heat a few drops of olive oil in a skillet and saute the garlic till golden.
15. Add to the bowl.
16. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
17. Cover and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature before serving.