Sweet Corn Fritters Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oil for frying.
2. In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions, peppers, corn and garlic.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Saute for about 2 minutes, or until slightly wilted.
6. Stir in 1/4 cup of the green onions.
7. Remove and set aside to cool.
8. Beat the eggs and milk together.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Add the masa, flour and baking powder, beating and incorporate until the batter is smooth.
11. Fold the corn mixture into the batter.
12. Season with salt and pepper.
13. Season with a dash of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
14. Set aside.
15. Drop the batter, a heaping tablespoon at a time, into pan of hot oil.
16. When the beignets pop to the surface, roll them around with a slotted spoon in the oil to brown them evenly.
17. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
18. Remove and drain on two separate paper-lined plates.
19. Season with Creole seasoning.
20. Serve the beignets with the dipping sauce on a platter.