Scalloped Corn Deluxe Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat corn, sugar, lemon juice and water to boiling in Dutch oven or large kettle.
2. Boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Cut enough kernels from ears to measure 2 cups.
5. Heat oven to 350 F.
6. Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in 8-inch skillet.
7. Cook and stir onion and green pepper in butter until onion is tender.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Stir in flour, salt, paprika, mustard and pepper.
10. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and bubbly.
11. Remove from heat.
12. Gradually stir wine and milk into flour mixture.
13. Heat to boiling, stirring until ready to use.
14. When ready to fill, remove jars from water and drain.
15. Pour into ungreased 1-quart casserole.
16. Melt 1 tablespoon butter.
17. Remove from heat.
18. Stir in cracker crumbs.
19. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over corn mixture.
20. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, for 30 to 35 minutes.