Potage de Ble (Corn Soup) Recipe
Instructions:1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add milk, corn and salt; cook just until corn is tender.
3. Strain cooking liquid into a bowl and set corn aside.
4. Heat butter in same saucepan and saute celery, onion and leek until softened.
5. Blend in flour; cook until bubbly.
6. Stir in reserved corn cooking liquid.
7. Bring to a boil, then partially cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Place corn and liquid in food processor or blender and puree in batches until smooth.
9. Return to saucepan and add cream.
10. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Reheat until piping hot.