Popcorn Snowman Recipe
Instructions:1. About 2 hours before serving or day ahead: Place popped corn in a large open roasting pan and set in 225 F oven to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, heat sugar, corn syrup, margarine or butter, salt and water to boiling, stirring constantly until sugar completely dissolves.
3. Set candy thermometer in place and continue cooking, without stirring, until temperature reaches 250 F or hard ball stage.
4. Remove saucepan from heat; quickly stir in vanilla.
5. Pour hot syrup mixture over popcorn, tossing to coat well.
6. Set aside about 2 cups popcorn mixture for snowman's hat.
7. Wearing clean rubber gloves (for handling hot mixture), shape remaining mixture popcorn into 2 balls, one slightly larger.
8. On large plate, place smaller popcorn ball on top of larger popcorn ball to form snowman's body.
9. Shape reserved popcorn mixture into coneshaped hat; place on top of snowman's head.
10. In a mall bowl, mix confectioner's sugar with 1 1/4 tsp water to form a thick pasty frosting.
11. Cut snowman's mouth from fruit roll; cut remaining fruit rolls into strips.
12. Attach strips around neck for scarf and on hat for decoration.
13. With frosting, attach 1 green gumdrop to snowman' face for nose, and 2 purple gumdrops for eyes.
14. With frosting, attach remaining green gumdrops around base and on tip of hat.
15. With frosting, attach raisins to snowman's body for buttons.