Kapok Tree Inn Corn Fritters Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- Fat for deep frying
1. Resift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
2. Add egg, milk and corn.
3. Stir until blended.
4. Drop batter into fat a teaspoonful at a time.
5. Maintain fat at 350 degrees and fry until golden brown, turning once with a spoon to cook evenly.
6. Remove fritters from fat and drain on paper towel.
7. Serve piping hot on a warm platter.
8. Sprinkle fritters with confectioners sugar before serving.