Cornmeal Waffles with Chili Topping Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
332 calories, 6 g fat.
This chili topping is also good with the Spicy Corn Pancakes. The chili topping can be made in advance and reheated once the waffles are hot.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup lowfat soy milk
- 1 tsp oil
- Chili Topping:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cup cooked pinto or kidney beans
1. Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder.
2. Add soy milk and oil and stir gently until well blended.
3. Heat waffle iron, pour in the appropriate amount of batter for your specific model, and spread to the edges of the waffle iron.
4. Close and cook until gently browned.
5. Serve immediately.
1. Spray nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and saute onion and pepper over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add chili powder and beans and cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Pour chili topping over cornmeal waffles.