Cornmeal Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
90 calories per pancake.
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp instant non fat dry milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp margarine, melted
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Mix egg and water thoroughly.
3. Stir into dry ingredients with margarine.
4. Mix until dry ingredients are barely moistened.
5. Batter will be lumpy.
6. For each pancake, pour batter onto hot griddle or frypan, using about 3 tablespoons batter.
7. Cook until top is bubbly and edges begin to dry.
8. Turn and brown other side.