Blue-Cornmeal Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
Each serving contains about:
489 calories; 235 mg sodium; 126 mg cholesterol; 29 grams fat; 49 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams protein; 0.18 gram fiber.
- 1 qt milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup blue or yellow cornmeal
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1 cup egg whites, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
1. Blend milk, sugar, baking powder, cornmeal and flour in large bowl.
2. Make well in center of dry ingredients.
3. Add oil, egg whites and vanilla.
4. Mix with wire whisk until smooth.
5. Pour by 1/4 cupfuls on lightly greased griddle or non-stick skillet and bake until browned underneath.
6. Flip and bake on other side.